EDIT: (starts here)
Among the most interesting ones:
“Internet Explorer 8 has much more functionality than other browsers, and its functionality is there from the moment you open the browser. Internet Explorer 8 offers almost all of the features the most popular add-ons in Firefox have, and you’re able to personalize your browser in a way that saves you time and research.”
Internet Explorer 8 passes more of the World Wide Web Consortium’s test cases than any other browser.
Can’t Microsoft be prosecuted for spreading lies like that? It’s almost offensive to web-developers!
I recently mentioned that Internet Explorer and Microsoft were afraid of other browsers. Remember that 10k competition thing?
Line by line comments follow after the shot:
Now the comments:
- Yeah right. IE is more secured than both Chrome and Firefox. I wonder where all those vulnerabilities come from. All those ActiveX nasty stuff. Yeah. IE is indeed secured.
- In-Private browsing? Ever heard of Chrome’s Incognito mode? Firefox’s new Privacy mode? Or what we call “the porn mode”? Another set of ticks missing here!
- IE is easy to use? Since when? Accelerators? Try SmarterFox. Chrome is fast enough as is!
- At least they got some humility to say that Firefox 3 is better. But still, I doubt IE8 is better at standards. Remember that ACID3 test?
- Developer Tools? I dunno. Can’t comment. But I know nothing beats Firebug and Web Developer Toolbar combined!
- Reliability. Firefox will soon have tab/process management, don’t worry IE. Chrome already has it.
- Customizability: Many of the things I want? Right out of the box? Gimme the features of a fully-featured RSS reader directly in IE (Brief?). Or coloured tabs (Colourful Tabs). Or a powerful download manager (DownThemAll). I can even write my own, or customize existing ones! Stop hating Firefox, MS! Give some love to the Fox!
- Compatible with more sites on the Internet than any other browser? For real? And that ACID3 test again? And the non-respect of standards?? Don’t make me laugh! Opera is the best in compatibility imho!
- Manageability: What do they mean here? I can’t understand.
- Performance: Why isn’t Safari here? I heard it’s the fastest of them all.
Overall, IE is bluffing. But hey, more lolz for us! Who are we to complain? I’d so like to see Firefox 3.5 soon. Hey, why not Firefox 4? Let’s see IE fight that! 😛
Seems TechCrunch is poking some fun at IE8 too!